TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered that on some of our Comcast channels, my receiver is only outputting in stereo as opposed to Dolby Digital 5.1. Many of the other channels do properly output in 5.1. Additionally, streaming services seem to work fine in DD 5.1. The Comcast channels that are only outputting in stereo consistently do this, so it is nothing intermittent. I checked that the audio track being used is the English - Dolby Digital one.

I did a search here and couldn't find anyone else that has experienced this issue. Any ideas?

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
I recently discovered that on some of our Comcast channels, my receiver is only outputting in stereo as opposed to Dolby Digital 5.1. Many of the other channels do properly output in 5.1. Additionally, streaming services seem to work fine in DD 5.1. The Comcast channels that are only outputting in stereo consistently do this, so it is nothing intermittent. I checked that the audio track being used is the English - Dolby Digital one.

I did a search here and couldn't find anyone else that has experienced this issue. Any ideas?
Are they national channels, like CBS & NBC? Or locals like some CW channels? Sample call letters? I have ION, one of my CW and a few others in DD 2ch. CNN is usually in DD EX, but moves to 2ch for some commercials. Some of my SyFy and Comedy Central is stereo also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.