TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PROBLEM IS SOLVED - HDD REPLACEMENT RESOLVED THIS

I have a Roamio Basic OTA Series 5 that I've placed a 2TB or so HDD into; it's been working great for years.

Suddenly, the above happens - I can boot it, I get video - Welcome to ... Almost there... ) and then the entire thing shuts down. All lights go off on the motherboard inside the case and on the front of the case. The ethernet lights are still on though.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? Swap the hard drive to see what happens?

Not a cabling issue - tried 2 HDMI cables.
Not a TV issue - tried 2 TVs, both working great with other Roamio hardware.
Not a "standby" issue - Tivo never finishes booting to the main Tivo screen.
Not a TV resolution issue - tried with 720p TV and 1080p TV.
My router says it hasn't gotten an DORA request from my Roamio box for four weeks. That implies the networking software isn't loading and asking for an IP address. That implies that the bootup process isn't ever completing.

Help...?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the feedback I got on this thread; thank you for stepping in!

I also appreciate the feedback I got from WeakKnees, which said "hard drive".

I placed the original HDD in the machine, and it's loading the OS onto it now. DORA (Discover, Offer, Request, Acknowledge - the process to get an IP address on a modern network) requests are now normal (ie my router now sees it), whereas before it couldn't even load enough to get into the network.

I'm hopeful that once the OS loads onto the 500GB drive all will be well (albeit with lots of lost shows and a smaller storage area).

Thanks again for helping and giving your advice. I plan to take the 3TB HDD I removed and place it into a Windows PC to run some SMART tools on it, try to format it, etc. to see what I can see...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.