TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Reversi lives! :) If you want to use it, just add this IP to your TiVo's menu:

I may provide other apps in the future, but for now, there's only Reversi (and there's no selection mechanism, as there was with apps.tv). I've pre-paid for this for two years, and I control it, so expect it to stick around for a while.

·
Bill Knapp
1,437 Posts
Reversi lives! :) If you want to use it, just add this IP to your TiVo's menu:

Loaded this as an app last night and played it for the first time. Thanks for posting this.

In regards to the "Human Play" mode. When you see that there is a human on, does that mean he's waiting for someone to play against and you're required to make the first move?

I sat there for a few seconds waiting for a prompt of some sort and I just left to play against the machine.

Also, where do I go to find other apps or widgets to load onto my TiVo? :confused:

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
In regards to the "Human Play" mode. When you see that there is a human on, does that mean he's waiting for someone to play against and you're required to make the first move?
No, it's just a count of total users online (including you). But if you actually enter the "Play Human" item and get a game board, then yes, there's another person with you, and it may or may not be your turn. You should be able to figure it out from what's onscreen... if you can make a move, then it's your turn.

If you just see "Waiting for opponent...", it means there's an odd number of people (usually one) who've chosen "Play Human", and the program is waiting for someone else to choose it so you can be paired up.

Also, where do I go to find other apps or widgets to load onto my TiVo? :confused:
Since apps.tv went down, at the moment, I think this is the only third-party hosted app on offer.

However, if you don't mind hosting them on your own PC, there are a few listed here:

http://hmedev.wikidot.com/list-of-known-applications

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
New feature: The selector is displayed as solid only when on a square that constitutes a valid move for the active player; otherwise it appears as dashed. (Previously it was always solid.) This gives you an indicator of valid and invalid moves without having to actually click select and hear the bonk. :)

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Will you be offering the option to play against another player in the same home.. Currently 2 player mode is against another virtual player.
I'm not sure what you're asking for, or what you mean by "virtual player". Human vs. human mode is really TiVo vs. TiVo -- these can as easily be in the same home as not. Or, if you want to have two people playing in front of the same TiVo, just press "0", as described above.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So, apparently Reversi has been down since August 14th, but I just noticed today. Sorry about that. Guys, please let me know when it's not working for you.

I'm not sure what happened -- the virtual host machine just shut down for some reason that wasn't logged. Anyway, it's up now.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.