TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have one of the first Tivo units by Philips model HDR 31202. I have long let my subscription expire and mistakenly reset it to factory settings but my recorded shows are still on the memory. When I hook it up to get the shows off it makes me go thru the whole set up process (like in the beginning) before getting back to the "Now Playing" screen....and of course won't let me without subscription. Is there anyway to get to my taped shows off of here so I can get rid of this unit and get a newer one?

thanks

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
:) Remove the tape and put it into your VCR? :)

Sorry about that. I couldn't resist!

Hopefully, a standalone owner can help.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Subscribe the old TiVo and move off your shows to a VCR then cancel the subscription within the first 30 days for full refund.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought of that , but they only refund within 30 days on new subscriptions , not renewals and that would be considered early termination...thats what the fine print says

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
jrm01 said:
If your model is allowed to be used in this manner, just call Tivo and tell them to reset the flag for unsubscribed recording. If you get a Tivo CSR who has been there more than five years he'll know what you're talking about.

Check this:
http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchContent.aspx?CID=46FE914B-844D-4A19-B4F8-1022568DBDBF
Thats a way to do it, but then the Shows are still on the Old Unit.

If the OP only wants to delete the shows thats fine, but if they want to "transfer" them to another unit, they will need to hack the unit and all that to be able to do this.

:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
once you get the flag reset, hook the output of the old unit to an input on the new unit. You'll have to play each and every show in real time in order to do this. There's probably a way to remove the hard drive from the old unit and transfer the recordings to something else, but I'm not savvy enough to tell you how.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
You don't need to sub, just complete guided setup. You can do that for free.
Once GS is complete, you can access your NPL.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
classicsat said:
You don't need to sub, just complete guided setup. You can do that for free.
Once GS is complete, you can access your NPL.
GS will not complete unless the unit is subbed, or the non-sub flag is set properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts