TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
My wife and I loved the scene where Max completely throws Harry for a loop with the "I know you are, but what am I"

This is such a terrific show, and so much humor buried in throw away lines. I've been back over season 1 twice now, and have picked up several nuggets I missed the first time.

@Steveknj - we love the opening sequences! Reminds me of the Ozark "quadrants" -- except on a MUCH funnier basis.
I love it when shows do that. Ever so much funnier than putting the clever lines in flashing neon lights so no one can miss them. But, you do have to be paying attention.

·
Nice to see you
12,131 Posts
As the telephone # was not a “555”, I was expecting that the show had set up a pre-record message, unfortunately, the number was “not in service“
If I recall correctly, it started with a "1" (something like 212-138-2904) -- that's something TV shows and movies have been doing in recent years, rather than using a "555" number. Anything with a "1" in that position is not going to work.

(There have actually been 555 numbers assigned in some places, so the only 555 numbers that can currently be "cleared" for TV/movie use are the range 555-0100 to 555-0199.)

·
It's Just TV
27,142 Posts
No! 42!!!
Sad to see that. I know we weren't likely to keep seeing or hearing that guest star/voice but still didn't want to see that fate.

Things are definitely moving along with the story now though, on multiple fronts. Next week should be very interesting.

Closet money could be very interesting to see the origin of in more detail.

Reactions: photoshopgrl

·
Nice to see you
12,131 Posts
Always nice to see those famous New York City trolleybuses in the background of a scene.

(All the outdoor "New York" scenes were clearly Vancouver except the Times Square scene at the very end, and that may well have been done with some green-screening.)

·
Cheesehead
11,544 Posts
I LOL's so much tonight. From Harry trying to save 42 then eating him. D'arcy's karaoke, Harry tripping...
Loved Harry eating 42 with butter and a nice chardonnay, and D'arcy's karaoke (I will not admit I may have replayed that sequence a few times, and I definitely DID NOT sing along). I'm sort of up in the air with his tripping. I was hoping to meet Goliath.

I didn't watch this series when it aired. Just recorded it. When I got to four new eps of S2, I binged all of S1 and the first four of S2. Now, it is same day viewing.

With 42 in Harry's stomach (well, well beyond by now), does that mean Nathan Fillion is gone for good? Was he just a temp guest star? Who else from Firefly can we expect next? If you know, probably should spoilerize it. Gina Torres and Morena are starring on major network shows. Summer Glau? Summer?

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,618 Posts
With 42 in Harry's stomach (well, well beyond by now), does that mean Nathan Fillion is gone for good? Was he just a temp guest star? Who else from Firefly can we expect next? If you know, probably should spoilerize it. Gina Torres and Morena are starring on major network shows. Summer Glau? Summer?
They're not saying of course, but if the opportunity presented itself I'm sure it would happen. Tudyk personally asked Fillion to come in and do the octopus voice, with the showrunner's enthusiastic support after they'd first discussed having Tudyk do it himself.

As you may know, Fillion has been very supportive of his former Firefly costars' careers, bringing most of them in for guest roles on Castle and/or The Rookie. He also co-produced and co-starred in Tudyk's Con Man, a comedy web series about an actor stuck appearing at sci-fi conventions after his career is blighted by his association with a cancelled-but-now-cult-favorite sci-fi show, lol. I don't think they've worked with Baccarin since Firefly though, as she's been fully booked for years.

Reactions: rcandsc

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
This was an awesome episode. R.I.P Octobuddy. Harry on acid was a hoot. So is Goliath dead, or just too human to matter any more?

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I think that there were a few clues of who Goliath is.
I know I don’t need to Spoilerize, but….
It’s the woman in the Art Gallery. Harry and Asta only refers to Goliath as a “he”, so of course Goliath is a “she”, and she gave a few knowing winks.….and then she asked Asta “how long have you known Harry is an Alien?”

·
It's Just TV
27,142 Posts
It’s the woman in the Art Gallery. Harry and Asta only refers to Goliath as a “he”, so of course Goliath is a “she”, and she gave a few knowing winks.
I think you are absolutely correct. That was my thought on it too.

·
It's Just TV
27,142 Posts
or, and I just remembered that…
...and then she asked Asta “how long have you known Harry is an Alien?”
I wasn’t sure if this was in the episode, or in a preview, but just checked and its in the episode.
Even before that was the case, I think the clues were there to strongly suggest what we're suspecting here. That just seemed to cement it in my mind.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It’s the woman in the Art Gallery. Harry and Asta only refers to Goliath as a “he”, so of course Goliath is a “she”, and she gave a few knowing winks.….and then she asked Asta “how long have you known Harry is an Alien?”
I agree we're meant to think that and I was leaning in that direction as well, but she could be a read herring and playing the same role for Goliath as Asta does for Harry.

Reactions: Tony_T

·
Sarcasm. It's how I hug.
1,726 Posts
My wife and I have been delighted with the movement this year.

A few things:
1. The financial plot of city employees- I believe there is a bigger story with Ben and possible embezzlement.

2. Anyone notice that Dr. Ethan was a reptilian on "People of Earth" (and I believe that Harry has mentioned reptilians on RA as well -not favorably, if I recall?) Do we think that is simply a nod to "POE" or could it have bigger implications? I know Alice Wetterlund was on "POE" as well, but no connection that we can see...so far.

3. Liv and her experience seem to be like a portal between the regular world of Patience, and the experience of knowing about extra terrestrial life. Best of all though are her interactions with [email protected]

Looking forward to this week's ep!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I hope that total ***** Lisa Casper is dead but I have a feeling she isn't. I still suspect her of being your reptilian. I suppose that sitcom diversion was a natural time-killing consequence of a super-sized season, but instead of that they could have had a backstory episode about Lisa Casper. Maybe that's still yet to come.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts