TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I didn't see a S2 spoilers thread.....

Glad to have this back. No show makes me laugh harder than this show. The Mayor and his wife's sexual exploits were hysterical. Alan Tudyk acting like one of the Law & Order detectives had us rolling. Fun stuff.

·
It's Just TV
27,142 Posts
Episode 2 thoughts:

Loved seeing Max with the full beard, having gotten impacted by the stolen alien technology. Also loved that the Octopus was back and talking to Asta again.

LOL'd at the Sherriff ordering what Harry was having and then Harry asking if he could have it, coming back to get the oat meal as well.

·
It's Just TV
27,142 Posts
Max getting the hair waxed (on his back) was cracking me up.

The discussion between the female characters was funny too. Mrs. Mayor telling tales on her love life, etc.

Harry's seducing his new friend was funny too.

All around really just continuing the funny at maximum levels.

·
UHDTV Snob
13,681 Posts
Funny how Sahar looks so grown up but Max looks the same LOL Also D'arcy looked different to me and had to check if the character was recast. So glad this is back...and watching on Peacock Premium Plus is so great!

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is one of the few shows that stays consistently laugh out loud funny. I also found a little bit of a Northern Exposure vibe to this last episode. The most consistently funny part of this series is any time "Harry" tries to act human. His seduction of the cousin had us rolling.

Also does everyone watch the opening credits? It's different every week and often gives clues to something in the episode. This week had Harry standing over (if I remember correctly) a toilet or urinal with his pants down, butt showing and taking a leak. The next drawing had "Harry" with a giant wetspot on the front of his pants. There were subtle references to situations like that during the episode.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,075 Posts
Funny how Sahar looks so grown up but Max looks the same LOL Also D'arcy looked different to me and had to check if the character was recast. So glad this is back...and watching on Peacock Premium Plus is so great!
I think it's the hair. Last season she was a brunette with green in the ends and now she's all over redish pink.

·
Sarcasm. It's how I hug.
1,726 Posts
My wife and I loved the scene where Max completely throws Harry for a loop with the "I know you are, but what am I"

This is such a terrific show, and so much humor buried in throw away lines. I've been back over season 1 twice now, and have picked up several nuggets I missed the first time.

@Steveknj - we love the opening sequences! Reminds me of the Ozark "quadrants" -- except on a MUCH funnier basis.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife and I loved the scene where Max completely throws Harry for a loop with the "I know you are, but what am I"

This is such a terrific show, and so much humor buried in throw away lines. I've been back over season 1 twice now, and have picked up several nuggets I missed the first time.

@Steveknj - we love the opening sequences! Reminds me of the Ozark "quadrants" -- except on a MUCH funnier basis.
I've only watched a handful of episodes of Ozark and didn't care for it, so I never noticed anything in the opening of that show.

·
Sarcasm. It's how I hug.
1,726 Posts
I've only watched a handful of episodes of Ozark and didn't care for it, so I never noticed anything in the opening of that show.
It's a similar format where it gives symbols to show events in the coming hour. Here is an example:
Sleeve Gesture T-shirt Font Art

Just an FYI, I get that Ozark isn't for everyone, including me sometimes.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,618 Posts
This show is indeed hilarious at times. As I mentioned in another thread, after watching S2E1 we went back to the last episode of S1 for a refresher. Knowing what we know now about how the mayor and his wife were going to behave with each other this season, we burst out laughing as they beat down the agents and drove them out of their house to the chorus of that oh-so Seventies hit, Sharing the Night Together.

And when Harry came back out of his spaceship to save Asta and the kid, it was once again back to the Seventies with the Spinners' Ooh Child ("Things are gonna get easier"). But I'll spare you.

Reactions: rcandsc

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I thought this week's episode was kind of meh. a couple of nice character moments (I loved the water balloon fight), but otherwise didn't do a lot to advance the story.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I thought this week's episode was kind of meh. a couple of nice character moments (I loved the water balloon fight), but otherwise didn't do a lot to advance the story.
I kind of feel this way about the entire season. They seem to have slowed the main plot line from season 1 down to a snails pace and then filled the extra time by turning it into a sitcom.

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,027 Posts
I LOL'd quite a few times. Especially when Harry has his inner thoughts about his "daughter". I'm sad she left. Thought she would have been a great addiction to the cast.
I totally agree. She and Harry played off each other wonderfully.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts