TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HR10-250:

I installed a new card and ran through the setup. When I go to the Purchase screen an error message appears stating that the wrong card is installed. TV programming works fine.

If I remove the card and go to the Purchase screen again, the past PPV are listed again.

Where are the past ordered PPV being stored if not on the hard drive?

I’ve done a Clear & Delete several times with and without the new card.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received the card from DTV and I did call to register the card.

I haven't called support to get the card "married" to TiVo yet.

Do you think that would reset the purchases to what is on the card?

Thanks.

· Very Large Member
326 Posts
It won't remove the actual purchase but it will remove the NAMES of the program which I assume is what you are looking to do. You're stuck with that for life.
Red247 said:
I received the card from DTV and I did call to register the card.

I haven't called support to get the card "married" to TiVo yet.

Do you think that would reset the purchases to what is on the card?

Thanks.

· Very Large Member
326 Posts
New access card won't (at least in my case) do it. The info from DTV's records of your account is updated on the new card. It may also have something to do with HOW you ordered the PPV's (on the web or with remote).

· Just hangin'
12,629 Posts
This is what I implied in my post above. The new card only gets the old info off the old card if you use the on screen directions for replacing the card. If you just call DirecTV to activate the new card (because the old one is fried :)) then the new card will be blank.

· Very Large Member
326 Posts
Not in my case ... I dropped in the new card, DTV activated it (never used the TiVo entry to replace card - never even noticed that option was there) and it was still on the card. The only way I was able to get rid of the NAME of the program was to re-image but the actual purchase remained. I think it has to do with HOW the program was ordered/
JimSpence said:
This is what I implied in my post above. The new card only gets the old info off the old card if you use the on screen directions for replacing the card. If you just call DirecTV to activate the new card (because the old one is fried :)) then the new card will be blank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.