TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Are you serious bro?
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang the Chief really is dead but after someone posting that article about the actor who plays him its no shock.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not enough Richie!

Though it was hilarious when he started to walk up to Mike's mother's coffin at the funeral and Franco stops him. LOL

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,169 Posts
I was gonna post how it seemed the only ones pussified are the writers of this show. But then I realized that'd make the show like something on Lifetime, and that'd be a decided improvement over the crap they're passing off this season.

·
Registered
112 Posts
And what the heck was with the firefighting scene just sort of thrown in there - I kept thinking to myself, "this has to be a dream" because of all the ridiculous things they were getting into, and then it just went off the screen with no further reference???

·
Registered
856 Posts
Tulsawatcher said:
And what the heck was with the firefighting scene just sort of thrown in there - I kept thinking to myself, "this has to be a dream" because of all the ridiculous things they were getting into, and then it just went off the screen with no further reference???
I thought it was a dream too. How's that knee now?

·
ID-10-T
16,781 Posts
I was not paying a lot of attention during the fire scene, but in retrospect it did not seem to really fit in the show in any particular way.

This show really needs to lay off the death for a while. Too much death on this show, and it brings it down. It needs to lighten up a bit, at least for a while.

Tommy's Boss/Mentor, Brother, Son and assorted other people have all died in the last few seasons. Rough life.

·
dumdiddydum
3,806 Posts
Other than the tossed in fire scene I thought it was a great episode. When the therapist thought it was a joke by his friend and says he doesn't have enough time for them was pretty funny. Richie going to the casket was hilarious.

I love how they always pull strings on things, like getting the cause of death changed and the body cremated.

·
Registered
534 Posts
marksman said:
Not exactly a way to get another job by the way.
I don't think it will cause him much of a problem... He isn't the first actor to get his panties in a bunch after getting written out of a show. What I read is probably par for the course.

·
Craps Player
4,352 Posts

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
I'm going to bet that Tommy has a tumor that is suppressing his testosterone!

·
wait.. I did what?
14,205 Posts
tase2 said:
Not exactly sure what he's up to, but Sheila's boyfriend in NFG.
Agreed, he's really really sketchy... they're going somewhere with that for sure..

Diane

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
marksman said:
This show really needs to lay off the death for a while. Too much death on this show, and it brings it down. It needs to lighten up a bit, at least for a while.
I agree. It's a tired formula. Somebody dies, then somebody gives a passionate, almost pissed off speech about how great the guy was, and then they make jokes about the guy.

pjenkins said:
more janet in undies please :)
In the first season we used to get Janet in less than undies. Not anymore though. It cracks me up that they keep having these sex scenes where neither party makes any effort to even pull down their undies but then they just start going at it.

And don't get me started on the fake baby scenes. I dunno, this season is lacking in a lot of ways. :(

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
Anyone still think Sheila is dead ? :)

I'm not going to go as far as swallow up above but the show is definitely off. All the parts seem to be in place but it's just not adding up well for me.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
marksman said:
The first time I read that, I thought it was sour grapes. Now reading it with the addition of Tolan's perspective, I am pretty sure it is sour grapes.

Not exactly a way to get another job by the way.
Definitely sour grapes... How else can you rectify these quotes :

I'm not here to character-assassinate him.
"I want to walk away from this as clean as possible, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it."
With these quotes :

"My own true feeling is, I think the wrong character killed himself," McGee says, referring to Gavin.
"The promos are all him (Leary) -- you'd think there was nobody else on the show."
"He's a bully, is what he is," McGee says. "Bullies most of the time don't have the guts to do things themselves."
McGee says he isn't surprised that Leary never had a face-to-face discussion with him about the decision to write him out, because "that would take a real man to do that. Denis doesn't know how to do that. His persona would make you think he's straight-up, he's honest and he's forthright. But I never got an indication of that. The truth is, if he knocked on my door right now, I'd be able to look him right in the eye. I don't know if he could do that."

1 - 20 of 41 Posts