TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
North Shore MA
1,513 Posts
Kamakzie said:
WTF was Tommy really trying to off himself?
I don't think so, he said the bottle that he was drinking had water in it (not boose). So I think it was a joke.

However The whole episode he was going on and on about being sober for a year and his life hasn't got any better. so maybe...

·
Super Moderator
4,709 Posts
billboard_NE said:
I don't think so, he said the bottle that he was drinking had water in it (not boose). So I think it was a joke.

However The whole episode he was going on and on about being sober for a year and his life hasn't got any better. so maybe...
How did it get water in it? It doesn't seem like he would have had the time to think out a plan and swap out booze for water.

This season is just not up to par to other seasons. The whole baby storyline is ridiculous and is more unbelievable than most storylines on daytime soap operas. I hope they just resolve it and be done with it.

The whole "everyone is an alcoholic" is a bit over the top as well....sure there may be a few, but it seems like they are making everyone in the show an alcoholic.

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
I would guess the idea is that he replaced it with water while Mikey was in the bathroom.

Still love the show but it's not as good as it has been and I think it's the baby story, annoying and unrealistic.

My wife stopped watching after Conner died and last night I finally got her watching again only to have more Conner than there has been in the last two seasons.

·
Registered
9,256 Posts
JohnB1000 said:
I would guess the idea is that he replaced it with water while Mikey was in the bathroom...
Or that Mikey was full of sh*t the whole time. I kind of got that vibe the whole time and now that I know the bottle had water in it it really makes sense. He just wanted some attention.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It wasn't in the freezer, Mike had it out.

My question is, did Tommy intend to drink? He didn't know it was water untl he tasted it, right?

·
Early Adoptersaurus
1,042 Posts
I'm guessing that Mike was lonely and wanted attention. When he locked himself in the bathroom and told Tommy to leave, he didn't really want him to leave. Mike may have been on a few pills or whatever, but I think the bottle had water in it all along and he was playing Tommy. Tommy played along and called his bluff by "jumping" off the roof.

But yeah, everywhere I read...everyone I talk to...says the same thing. This season has been a dud so far, and falling far short of previous seasons to date. The baby storyline is silly and played. Tommy is always the superhero, fires follow him around and he saves people, hot women throw themselves at him. And of course, as mentioned, everyone is an alcoholic, and all the women are crazy.

We do need a change of pace this season - next week looks equally boring. I wonder if they'll throw us a shocker by having Mike off himself later on or something.

·
Save the Moderatоr
34,560 Posts
At least, if just for a moment, we got a glimpse of the sort of humor that used to be so prevalent in this show... the hockey game where Tommy was playing for the NYPD because FDNY kicked him off the team, and the ensuing reaction of his friends who were getting all confused about who to root for.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.