TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my tivo remote. I have a 540, series II.

Will the thompson remotes that are sold for the UK model work with my tivo? They are dirt cheap on ebay ($9) compared to the official series2 replacement remotes?

What other remotes will work also?

Thanks!

·
Go Pats!
9,582 Posts
$35 for a replacement is kind of high in many respects.

Many folks will tell you about the various different programable remotes they have to control all their gear. This may be a good way to go. If you are going to spend $35 on this:

...you might want to spend more for a programmable remote (or maybe even less).

Check out www.remotecentral.com for research....

·
Go Pats!
9,582 Posts
I only mentioned what I did in case you have any desire to remove multiple remotes from your coffee table and use just one (assuming you have multiple pieces of gear).

·
Registered
35 Posts
djhushd said:
That is why i asked if this remote will work. its only 8$

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Silver-TiVo...855088028QQcategoryZ71541QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

*NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY AUCTION*... i just need to know if that will work with my series II and save me some money over tivos 35$ replacement.
That's what I got and it worked. My only problem was that the JVC codes for my TV did not work, I had to do the brute force approach to finding the codes, and probably went through 100 or so before I found it. What would be nice is if the remote could send the code to the Tivo so I could write it down and not have to search next time I put new batteries in.

But it's all working great and I'm happy with it... it is missing one little thing that my series 2 remote has, and that's the guide button (separate from the "live TV" button). But it's not biggie.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Instructions for programming a UK remote are here (3mb PDF) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts