TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MoCA was working fine with my 7 year old Roamio. Have two Mini's and a Mini Lux, cable amplifier with filter, MoCA adapter, MoCA compatible splitter, etc. etc. Bought a new Edge, and moved the cable card & tuning adapter. Spectrum activated the cable card & tuning adapter. Everything works fine on the Edge but the Mini's can't find the Edge. The entire process took less than 30 minutes.

I set the MoCA as a client, auto, and no encryption but don't recall how it was set on the Roamio. I also set the same (client, auto, no encryption) on all the Mini's. Now getting C421 errors saying "can't connect with Family Room" TiVo. It appears that channel 15 is the default channel rather than "auto" so I set everything to channel 15 but got the same result.

The Roamio was labeled "Family Room" and the Edge was labeled "New Family Room." The Roamio is disconnected and powered off.

What settings should I use for MoCA and is there anything to learn from the fact that the error refers to the "Family Room" rather than the "New Family Room"???

· Registered
3,224 Posts
All Minis must be assigned to a "host" so it knows where to get it's tuner from and which My Shows list, etc. to mirror on the Mini. This is not an automatic or dynamic process. Since you've completely removed the old Host (Roamio), the Mini's are all basically unpaired now and your problems may be as simple as that. Have you gone into the Settings menu on each Mini and updated the Host to be "New Family Room"?

Otherwise, a rough diagram of how things are connected would be very helpful for others to give advice based on.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All Minis must be assigned to a "host" so it knows where to get it's tuner from and which My Shows list, etc. to mirror on the Mini. This is not an automatic or dynamic process. Since you've completely removed the old Host (Roamio), the Mini's are all basically unpaired now and your problems may be as simple as that. Have you gone into the Settings menu on each Mini and updated the Host to be "New Family Room"?

Otherwise, a rough diagram of how things are connected would be very helpful for others to give advice based on.
I think you've nailed the problem. I see in "setting" on the Mini that it's connected to Family Room but don't see anywhere to change it to "New Family Room." Can you point me to the menu settings to see the new one and I'll change it? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you've nailed the problem. I see in "setting" on the Mini that it's connected to Family Room but don't see anywhere to change it to "New Family Room." Can you point me to the menu settings to see the new one and I'll change it? Thanks in advance.
BINGO!! found it under devices and remote. Works fine. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts