TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have any info on what is supposedly a "renewed" agreement between DirecTV and Tivo? I read a blurb the other day (on Engadget, I think) about the new professional rack mount DVR from DirecTV (still running their pathetic UI) and the article mentioned that DirecTV and Tivo had basically "kissed and made up" and inferred that we could again expect to see hardware in the future which was Tivo-powered. Is this true? Could it be that DirecTV has finally wised-up???

Thanks,

Rob

·
Lost in Big Bend
2,450 Posts
yep, do a search; several threads already here about that from several weeks ago.

·
No intent to annoy
1,565 Posts
rhroyse said:
the article ... inferred that we could again expect to see hardware in the future which was Tivo-powered.
You may have inferred. The article implied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently talked with a DirecTV technical gal who seems knowlegable. She said the DirecTV and TiVo never parted ways. In fact they use the TiVo engine in the their branded units. She went on to say that many customers don't like the DirecTV UI. May they have wised up. I do hope so.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Two days ago the CEO of Tivo publicly said that Directv had not talked with them about any future plans at this time nor do they have any active "talks" in progress. Any hope of a renewed agreement appears to be wishful thinking this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts