TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good program to remove commercials from a tivo file? I am putting shows from my tivo onto my Ipod but i want to remove the commercials to keep the file size down. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like VidroRedo, but it's $50. I don't know that removing commercials is really worth $50. Are there any free programs? BTW, I prefer the term frugal to cheap.

I used to use TVHarmony Autopilot but it doesn't seem to work well with Vista (which I have now) and I can't get in contact with the developer. It squishes my videos and the comskip feature keeps crapping out on me while processing the shows.

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
I also found this program called ChunkEdit -
ChunkEdit

None of the free methods seem that easay to use.

IN the URL replace *********** with
deal data base
(remove spaces)

I guess they don't like links to that site. Google ChunkEdit if you can't figure it out.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
I use TyTools. Despite being made for old (non discussable) extraction methods, it works well for me and .tivo files that have been run through DSD.

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
No stealing!!!!
Support Dan and his family: VideoRedo is definitely worth the $50!!!

Nice work, that program rocks. I purchased my copy :), no wait scratch that, the company that i work for paid for my copy:

Name:John *********

Key:********* (yeah right)

We thank you for your purchase and we hope you enjoy using VideoReDo Plus. Please check our website and discussion group at http://forums.videoredo.com for information about new releases and tips on how to maximize your VideoReDo experience.

If you have any questions about your order please contact us at:.

Please refer to the following PayPal transaction information:

Name: John *********
Email: *********
Amount: 49.99

Thanks again for your registration, VideoReDo.

·
TiVo/MCE/PSP
730 Posts
Yup, VideoReDo, the way to go. I use it in conjunction with TiVo, MCE, Zen and PSP. Manual Mode only, since the 'Ad Detective' occasionally misses the start point coming out of a commercial. Great for Marathons or Mini Series, commercial free to DVD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
okay so I finally made "the switch" from PC to mac, but now I'm finding my favorit editing tools are not available. First off just to "transfer" video I had to purchase Roxio. For the PC the software was free. Roxio WILL NOT let you do any editing to the video at all. I had purchased video redo for my PC, but I don't see there is a version for mac. Is there anything similiar for mac? Or do I now need to go back to my PC?

·
Go Pats!
9,582 Posts
+1 to VideoRedo. Great product and great support team.

Hi Dan!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I'm just sort of curious-why would you want to remove commercials from something you're only going to watch once? It seems like a lot of hastle to mess with. (Even for stuff I'm archiving I might leave commercials just since they end up pretty interesting to see in 10 or 20 years!)

·
what ru lookin at?
10,722 Posts
Puppy76 said:
I'm just sort of curious-why would you want to remove commercials from something you're only going to watch once? It seems like a lot of hastle to mess with.
IMO, VideoRedo takes the "hassle" out of the equation. It's that easy. :cool:

(Where's my check, Dan?) :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
okay so we all know that Video Redo is awesome, but what about FOR MAC??? Does anyone have a suggestion for how to deal with that as in my earlier questions.

John

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Unfortunately, there isn't any Mac software for this. I wish there was...
(An alternate solution is to save to a DVD recorder and use the recorder's A/B erase function to cut out commercials.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
well I'm trying to figure out how to automate directshow dump, comskip and then something to cut out the commercials... anyone have a step by step? I've got about 30GB of Walker Texas Ranger I need to cut down to size :D

·
Super Moderator
58,093 Posts
VideoReDo also has an automatic commercial detection feature. It's not automated enough to allow you point it a an entire folder of videos and have it do it all automatically. But you can load a video, scan for the commercials, verify the cuts and output an edited video in 3-5 minutes so it wouldn't take too long.

Dan

1 - 20 of 61 Posts