TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old GCEBOT with the peanut remote that I recently moved to my bedroom. I have a 36" Sharp SDTV that I bought from Costco about 5 yrs ago. I tried all the Sharp TV remote codes following the procedure in the manual. None would power the TV off. So, I found something about the 0999 code and cycling through all the codes. Again, none would power off the TV. However, when finished, I was surprised to discover that the volume control on the remote DOES work for the Sharp. Mute and power do not work. I can live with using the TV remote for power on/off. But, it would be nice to have it all work from the peanut. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Last night I moved my S1 Tivo to another room with a Sharp TV (maybe 4 years old). Several of the Sharp codes work to power off the TV but none will work the volume or mute. I did not try the search technique yet.

Gary Davis

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gardavis,

Geez, maybe we could combine our remotes to get one fully functional!!! :)

Good luck getting yours to work. The frustrating thing is that my antique Sony receiver (SAT A1) remote works fine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Problem solved. I first had to reset the remote to its initial state.

It is a Sony SVR2000 remote and is reset different than peanut (and other) remotes. To reset the remote, press both the TV-Power + Tivo till the red light lights. Then press code 0 9 8 1. The light goes out.

The reset was necessary because I previously had the Sony Tivo in a room with an A/V receiver and the remote was still programmed to control volume and mute on the receiver.

Gary Davis

·
Remote Czar
6,794 Posts
The OP should try resetting the remote too:

1. press and hold TIVO & TV POWER until the light remains on
2. press DOWN THUMBS 3 times
3. press enter, the on the bottom row of the remote

retry the sharp codes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts