TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Finally-My ugly mug
1,438 Posts
tivochick80 said:
Thanks for all your help guys! I have to admit I'm a bit dissapointed. First I learn that you can't record one show while watching another show at the ame time....and now I can't use the tivo remote as my regular remote. Hope I didn't make a mistake with this..... I appreciate all your help guys!
My suggestion to you is this:

Take one night and create Season Passes for everything you like...

20, 30, 40, or 50 of them.

In a weeks time, you won't channel surf any longer.

The TiVo isn't great, as has been said here, to channel surf...and that is understandable when you think about it. You are using one box, to run another box, to watch tv. The TiVo can't just give your Digital Box a signal to go channel up one. It actually has to tell your box 008 enter, or 008 at least. So, that takes a second or two and yes, it is annoying...

But, seriously, think of my suggestion and spend a hour or three setting up a BUNCH of Season Passes.

You will become like us and not actually KNOW when your shows are on any longer! You'll just "HAVE" them.

·
Finally-My ugly mug
1,438 Posts
tivochick80 said:
The only problem with this is...the main reason I got tivo is because there are usually two shows on at once that I want to watch. I thought I would be able to watch one live while recoring the other. Now I know this can't be done.
Actually, you can do this...

Split the cable BEFORE going to your box and put one directly to the tv.

Then you can record from your digital box and watch another show live on tv that isn't part of your digital package.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.