TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Neurostim Addict
2,894 Posts
tivochick80 said:
In that case....Is it possible to use my regular remote and just grab my tivo remote for recording/pausing? (can't try this right now as I'm at work)
Tivo will lose track of what channel it's on.

Basically, it's time to ditch the channel surfing habit. It's not as hard as you think, since tivo will change the way you watch TV. Start setting season passes for all the programs you watch, and go through the show listings giving thumbs-ups to programs you tend to stop at when you channel surf. Eventually, the tivo will fill up with season pass and suggestion recordings, and you won't need to watch Live TV or channel surf ever again. With tivo, I find that Suggestions fills the channel surfing need nicely.

·
Neurostim Addict
2,894 Posts
tivochick80 said:
The only problem with this is...the main reason I got tivo is because there are usually two shows on at once that I want to watch. I thought I would be able to watch one live while recoring the other. Now I know this can't be done.
Still, set season passes for them. Most shows get repeated later in the week, and the season passes will pick up repeats. This is the way most people use the tivo. See my link below for watching-live-while-recording.

·
Neurostim Addict
2,894 Posts
No, thumbs-up tells the tivo you like it. 2 thumbs up tells the tivo you really like it, and 3-thumbs up means you'd sell your first born to watch it. The reverse is true for thumbs-down.

Tivo uses thumb ratings to decide what suggestions to record. It will not always record thumbs up programs, but it sometimes will, and it will record programs similar to them or programs that other users who thumbed up your programs also thumbed up.

·
Neurostim Addict
2,894 Posts
tivochick,

You shouldn't ever use your cable box remote again, except to order pay-per-view. Put it away in a drawer somewhere. Your cable box is now a slave to the tivo. If you change channels with the cable box remote, tivo will get confused. Does changing the channels with the tivo remote work properly now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.