TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
SeanC said:
Yes it absolutely is, but then your Tivo won't know what channel you're on. While not a big deal if you were surfing with the cable remote and decided to manually record somthing it would be named incorrectly in the Now Playing list.
Sean you sound like you know what you are talking about! Iam brand new to this forum so please forgive me(i am a heathen )but on a more serious matter!I have enjoyed tivo FOR 3 YEARS,ORIGINAL THOMPSON BOX , ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEENWwanting to upgrade memory for a while!Sorry for shouting .My problem is that everything works on my tivo ,except it wont change channels!!?It was all fine ,then i removed a video recorder from the system and wired up as exactly the tivo guide said.(i have a sky box as well )Everything was perfect for about 24 hours but i can not change channels on tivo.I have a warrenty with MASTERCARE/COVERPLAAN but when i tried to claim they gave me tivos number who said that they do not repair these products anymore!AND EVERYBOBODY IS BLAMING SOMEONE ELSE I.E.PASSING THE BUCK.sorry for waffling but after 2 months i am getting a bit pissed off now!!!1ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED AND YOU SEEM TO BE THE PERSON WHO PEOPLE "LOOK UP TO FOR ADVICE"THANKS A LOT FOR READING THIS EVEN IF YOU CAN NOT HELP ME CHEERS.RAY!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.