TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys!

I just set up my new Tivo yesterday but I'm having a problem changing channels. I got the remote to work with my tivo and if I type in a certain channel it works fine. The problem is when I change channels using the up/down button. If I'm on channel 5 and I want to go to channel 8 I can only change one channel at a time or else the tivo gets confused and will change to a random channel. It's like I'm changing the channels too fast for the Tivo to keep up. This is very annoying as I like to change through the channels rapidly (who doesn't!) I have a Scientific Atlanta box (Cablevision) hooked up with the included IR cable. Does anyone have any solutions to how I can change channels faster without the tivo messing up? Any help would be appreciated I'm no good with this electronic stuff!!!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help guys! I have to admit I'm a bit dissapointed. First I learn that you can't record one show while watching another show at the ame time....and now I can't use the tivo remote as my regular remote. Hope I didn't make a mistake with this..... I appreciate all your help guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Start setting season passes for all the programs you watch
The only problem with this is...the main reason I got tivo is because there are usually two shows on at once that I want to watch. I thought I would be able to watch one live while recoring the other. Now I know this can't be done.

go through the show listings giving thumbs-ups to programs you tend to stop at when you channel surf
this was my other question...what are the thumbs up/thumbs down buttons? i can't figure out what these do.

You guys are awesome by the way. I never would have thought I would get such quick responses!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys,

Excuse my ignorance, but for some reason I can't use my regular remote to change channels. It isn't doing anything. I need to be in video 3 for the tivo to work, could this be the problem? Any solutions to this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.