TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Humax DRT800 DVDTivo and a Directv HD DVR. ON the tivo units i know u can set the remote address so there are no conficts of controlling one dvr without affecting the other. There is no remote address feature with the directv unit that I can find. Is there a way to get around this problem with having the two units in the same room and being able to control one without the other? The directv remote doesnt change anything on the humax unit but the humax and standard tivo remotes both will also change channels etc. on the directv unit. Thanks for any help.

· Astute User
11,392 Posts
Not every TiVo, but those that use the Peanut remote use the global 0 and unique 1-9 scheme. Sony's have 3 unique addreses .

· Forum Denizen
2,606 Posts
dhall2276 said:
I have a Humax DRT800 DVDTivo and a Directv HD DVR. ON the tivo units i know u can set the remote address so there are no conficts of controlling one dvr without affecting the other. There is no remote address feature with the directv unit that I can find. Is there a way to get around this problem with having the two units in the same room and being able to control one without the other? The directv remote doesnt change anything on the humax unit but the humax and standard tivo remotes both will also change channels etc. on the directv unit. Thanks for any help.
That is interesting. I have a DRT-800 with a DirecTv D10-100 sitting on top of it and there is no conflict at all. The DRT-800 is set to use global remote code 0.

I have a Nightlight TiVo with another D10-100 in another room that has remote code 1 set. When the remote is on setting one it interferes with the D10. I solved it by covering the face of the d10 some newspaper. Thsi works for me because the TiVo controls the D10 with the serial cable.

Good luck,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.