TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Seems to pretty much work with the last code suggested for Samsung which is 0320. The only slight snag is that the volume only works one at a time - so it doesn't keep going down if you keep your finger on the button, you have to press repeatedly.

Mute and power work as expected.

Let me know if you find a better solution.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
You don't have an American remote do you? I know the codes are different and I had to search through the codes one at a time with my black ones. Haven't bothered doing that with the Samsung yet.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have tried all of the listed codes for Samsung and none work. I then tried doing a code search using the 0999enter code, went throuh the entire code set (twice) and none work using my original silver remote.
I might try with my black one later.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have just re-read the thread and see that gadgetgaz has tried ALL of the codes for the silver remote, without success. I'm not sure however if LampyDave is saying that its possible with a black remote. Can LampyDave (or anyone else) please confirm?

·
Registered
63 Posts
LampyDave has confirmed to me via PM's that he is able to control his samsung with a silver tivo remote, using code 0320. Does anybody have *any* idea whatsoever why it works for him but not for me (and others)? I have the same model as him, LE32R41BDX, and the same firmware dated Nov-05.

When I use 0320 and press the tivo remote, I see the Samsung TV power button flash red but other than that, no effect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After reading this thread I tested the 0320 code on my LE32R41BDX and have the same results as mista_c, power led flashes but no effect.

·
Registered
63 Posts
After searching through this forum, I now know that there are different versions of the silver remote. I was able to test code 0320 with a different silver remote and this now works with my my samsung tv just as LampyDave describes above.

Others in this forum have described newer versions of the silver remote as having a rough feel compared with the smoother feel of the older ones, but I was unable to make out any differences between the two remotes I have, so don't know why this wouldn't work with my original remote.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quick update, just bought a new silver remote off ebay as my old one was sending double commands etc, and the 0320 code works with the new one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.