TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a button on the Tivo remote you can press which will automatically bounce you to, and fro any channels that are recording?

Scenario:

- You are watching channel 5.
- You have channel 10 on your 'Last' button.
- You notice Tivo is recording channel 15, and channel 20.

Is there a button you can press that will jump you from 5 -> 15, and then cycle you between 15 <-> 20?

·
Registered
888 Posts
audiowizard said:
Is there a button on the Tivo remote you can press which will automatically bounce you to, and fro any channels that are recording?

Scenario:

- You are watching channel 5.
- You have channel 10 on your 'Last' button.
- You notice Tivo is recording channel 15, and channel 20.

Is there a button you can press that will jump you from 5 -> 15, and then cycle you between 15 <-> 20?
If you're watching channel 5, TiVo can't be recording channel 15 and channel 20. Only 2 tuners!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The "Enter" button also goes to the last channel. e.g. One tuner is recording channel 10. You switch to the other tuner and start watching channel 6. You then switch to channel 3. At that point hitting Live TV would switch you to the other tuner (channel 10), but hitting Enter would switch you to channel 6. Confusing, eh?

·
Stream Warrior
2,430 Posts
LifeIsABeach said:
The "Enter" button also goes to the last channel. e.g. One tuner is recording channel 10. You switch to the other tuner and start watching channel 6. You then switch to channel 3. At that point hitting Live TV would switch you to the other tuner (channel 10), but hitting Enter would switch you to channel 6. Confusing, eh?
I'd been wondering what would switch to the last channel! Before I bought the S3 in January, it'd been years since I'd used TiVo, but I remembered there being a LAST button of some sort.

More confusing yet is that if you use LIVE, whatever is on the other tuner becomes the last channel, so ENTER starts switching between tuners until you tune something else.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Previous Channel button (or whatever TiVo calls it-- I use a Harmony 880 rather than the TiVo remote) appears to be identical to the Enter button (atleast as far as my Harmony is concerned). That is, it doesn't matter which you press they result in the same behavior. Such that if you are entering a channel and are impatient like me, and you press 2+5+Enter or 2+5+Prev Channel it immediately tunes to channel 25. If you then tune to 34 and press Enter you go back to 25, which if of course the same for the Previous Channel button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.