TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentally Hilarious
2,646 Posts
You can watch a previously recorded show while another is being recorded.
What you can't do is watch another "live" program while one is being recorded.

·
Mentally Hilarious
2,646 Posts
Soulbro said:
Nope... checked. Even went to a TV in another room that has TiVO and the feeds were both live. :p
Though you have convinced yourself otherwise, the other poster was right. You were watching you buffer.
Unless you have a TiVo sprinkled with magic fairy dust (or a DirecTivo) it is a technical impossibility to have two shows tuned at the same time.

·
Mentally Hilarious
2,646 Posts
Soulbro said:
I'm not going to argue with you. Just posting my experience. The TiVo never switched over to the other channel on my TV, what I was watching was nothing I had recorded and I was unable to fast forward or change the channel to the channel it was recording without stopping the recording process. Whatever happened... TiVo glitched.
You were watching the buffer while the Tivo had already changed the channel to the one being recorded. Therefore, when you tried to change the channel it was actually trying to change the channel it was recording and not the one you were watching from the buffer, hence the message about stopping the recording and changing the channel.
If you had caught up with live tv you would have seen the switch to the recorded show.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.