TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
I have my TiVo set up so that Sky channel 101 still points to the old callsign of just "BBC1" in channels I receive. The callsign for the aerial version in my area is "BBC1EAST" (or something like that) and it is also selected in channels I receive. This allows me to set up season passes and one off recordings from the aerial and be able to watch Sky at the same time (handy for the footy!). Because the callsigns are different it doesn't try to record from Sky. Hope this helps.

· Registered
95 Posts
rondun said:
Shame

Exactly, so why doesn't it have a different callsign for each so you can record from either whenever you want? - seems weird it managed it for BBC2, but not BBC1.
Rondun, did you not see my post above? I think it will do what you want. Well, it does for me anyway.

· Registered
95 Posts
Someone with a better understanding will be able to explain this better than me but here goes anyway. At some point in the last couple of years things changed. There used to be only one BBC1 on channel 101 for me to select on channels I receive for my region. I think it was BBC1 London/England but the callsign was just BBC1. There was also the local aerial version of BBC1 and its callsign is BBC1EAST or something like that. You could have both selected and choose which to use when setting up a recording or season pass. Then something changed (may have been BBC going unscrambled) and regional versions were also available for 101. The BBC1 callsign and listings were kept to allow people to gradually migrate their season passes. It has never been removed and I have left mine alone because it allows me to choose my source. If I had migrated all my season passes then I wouldn't have that functionality any more.

Not sure how you go about doing the same thing. Maybe the BBC1 callsign only appears for people in England? I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to clarify. Ozsat will know the answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.