TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Is there any way to edit the callsign?

eg. my AER is called BBC2, sat version is called BBC2D (igital), but BBC1, ITV and C4 have the same name for each

Therefore, if i set it record terrestrial BBC2 its ok, but any others default to SKY.
I don't want to keep deselecting the SAT version every time i want to record from AER.

· Registered
67 Posts
cwaring said:
I don't think you can.
Shame

However, the reason for it is that on analogue you will receive BBC2 regional programming, if and when available, while Satellite (and Cable for that matter) only carries the 'national' version.
Exactly, so why doesn't it have a different callsign for each so you can record from either whenever you want? - seems weird it managed it for BBC2, but not BBC1.

· Registered
67 Posts
Hi Verne - How did you do that - I've just got my Tivo, so am only getting used to the intricacies!

I only have one option for ch101 (i'm in Scotland) and its BBC1 Scotland.(which is the same name as the AER version)
There is also only one option for ch102, but it is BBC2 Scotland (Digital), which is different than the AER version so it works ok for that.
But i'd like to be able to record e.g. a live footy game, (which is shown on AER BBC1, but not on SKY) without meddling with the channels I receive each time.

Hi Carl -

My mistake- its BBC2SCD & BBC1SCO for the sky callsigns (BBC2SCO and BBC1SCO on AER)
I understand what you're saying, but am pretty sure they are both different (take the football example above)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.