TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only want to record the latest episode of the morning news. Each day I want the new show to overwrite the prior show. There is always only one.

I had this setup on the Premiere fine but I can't get it to work on Bolt. The recording settings are new episodes, for a specific channel, keep only 1 episode. Works on the Premiere, but the Bolt records 4 episodes and stops recording new ones?! Frustrating. I do watch an episode and don't delete it - is this causing the problem? Again, the behavior is different and not sure how to get it back. Seems like a popular use case.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Bolt, does each episode have a yellow dot with an exclamation point? That would usually mean it's going to be deleted. But there should only be one, like you said.
No yellow dot... I deleted all 4 of them and the To Do List shows one to be programmed tomorrow - which makes sense. I can't remember if the Premiere had a to-do item for each day or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure the pass is not set for "Keep Until I Delete" and Keep episodes to 1.
Dude - I think you are right! I changed the setting and then saw one recording for each day in the To Do List where before it only had one in the TDL if I deleted the others. I can't test it out until tomorrow (power was out in parts of Mass yesterday) but it looks very promising. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.