TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried to clean out the Recently Deleted folder. I was able to delete all of the programs except for one. It was the latest "Stand Off" episode. I re-loaded it into the Now Playing List, then deleted it again and tried to permanently delete it from the Recently Deleted folder but it's still there. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
On this topic under My Shows the Recently Deleted Recordings folder is empty so that's all ok. However, under Menu Manage Recording Activity there's page after page of all the programs, suggestions and cancelled recordings showing deleted with an X. This is what you get when you Permanently
Delete. I can make therm all disappear by hitting the "C" button and reappear by hitting the "C" button again. So, how do I clean out this folder? Would that also require a hard reboot? Also, I disabled suggestions so those don't keep building up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I got my answer here: https://support.tivo.com/articles/Features_Use/View-Recording-History-or-Activity The Note says "View Recording History or Activity does not offer an option for deleting items in the list. This list cannot be edited." All you can do, as I have, is toggle the "C" button; Once inside the Activity list, use the Red C button on your remote to toggle between viewing all listings, only listings that have conflicts, or only listings that will record.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
On this topic under My Shows the Recently Deleted Recordings folder is empty so that's all ok. However, under Menu Manage Recording Activity there's page after page of all the programs, suggestions and cancelled recordings showing deleted with an X. This is what you get when you Permanently
Delete. I can make therm all disappear by hitting the "C" button and reappear by hitting the "C" button again. So, how do I clean out this folder? Would that also require a hard reboot? Also, I disabled suggestions so those don't keep building up.
The Recording Activity (was History) is read only. If your Recently Deleted Recording is empty, you can clear out the Recording Activity by running the CGD&TDL but it will just fill up as you use your TiVo. BTW, stop clearing out your Recent Deleted Recordings. You are causing your disk drive to just use a small portion of its available space. Let your TiVo "kill" off your recordings which only happens when your drive becomes full.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion. Please explain running the CGD&TDL. Not that I'm going to mess with it and hose up my Roamio.
It cleans your guide and rebuilds the To Do List. Menu/Help/Reset to Defaults/Clear Guide Data and To Do List. Give it an hour. If TiVo feeds your Roamio some bad data, this sometimes removes it. If you really like to tinker, and create 1P for fun, this will stop a deleted 1P from showing in the Recording Activity folder.

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
However, under Menu Manage Recording Activity there's page after page of all the programs, suggestions and cancelled recordings showing deleted with an X. This is what you get when you Permanently
This is not a folder of shows. It's just a list of the recording activity so nothing to clean out.

Scott

·
TDL shepherd
17,836 Posts
Please explain running the CGD&TDL.
Clear program information & To Do List: Clears all program information, cancels all Season Pass recordings and everything in the To Do List, and removes all Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings. This does not delete shows in the My Shows list. The TiVo Premiere acquires new program information during the next connection to the TiVo Service. Completing this process may take over an hour.​

I would think that it would clear the history, as well.

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Clear program information & To Do List: Clears all program information, cancels all Season Pass recordings and everything in the To Do List, and removes all Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings. This does not delete shows in the My Shows list. The TiVo Premiere acquires new program information during the next connection to the TiVo Service. Completing this process may take over an hour.​
I would think that it would clear the history, as well.
I don't think that is totally correct. It explicitly states (in TE3) that thumb ratings are not affected. A cable Premiere probably takes closer to two hours. History is cleared except for programs still in the Deleted Recordings Folder. A service connection happens within a few minutes. ;)

·
TDL shepherd
17,836 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.