TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
blindlemon said:
mfsrestore -s 300 -r4 -xzpi /mnt/dos/tivo.bak /dev/hdX
Ok success thanks!! I now have an image that boots and loads from my original Samsung SP1203N Drive (120gig)

Tried the same on a Barracuda ST3200822A (200Gig) drive, doesn't boot. :(

Using MFStools 1.1 with above restore command and a certain persons tivolba.bak file (W_land) What am i doing wrong, should i try the new MFStools?

tia.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
What are you doing using MFSTools 1.1. in the first place?

Use the LBA48 CD, set the swap to 200 and run copykern after the restore to copy the LBA48 kernel and initialise the swap. Job done :)

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
No worries - and sorry if I seemed a little short! (Just been having a dispute with my neighbour over where he puts his sandbags!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Still doesn't work on that drive. To summarise:

I downloaded that link to MFStools 2.0 booted up with Seagate disk as slave (hdb)

mounted my image supplied from wonderland which is tivolba48.bak which already has the large disk support (> 137GB).

mfsrestore -s 300 -r4 -xzpi /mnt/dos/tivo.bak /dev/hdb

completed ok. Put in tivo (jumpered to Master again) nothing.

GO back upstairs switch to slave, run copykern option 1 y, y,y.

Back down again, back to master. Plug in. Nothing. :(

SO ive managed to get this to work fine on my <137gbdrive with that image. What am i doing wrong?

ps no worries, hope youre not flooded

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Not flooded, thanks (but no thanks to my neighbour :mad: )

Err, it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. Are you sure the Seagate drive is OK?

When you put it in the TiVo do you get "Welcome. powering up..."?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes the Seagate drive 'was' fine, i mean i had a Vista image on it previously and it booted fine in my pc before i wiped it :(

No i don't get anything from Tivo just a blank screen. And it's defo jumpered to primary, because a few times ive plugged it back into my pc and left both DVD and disk on primary and the bios has nagged about it.

Is there any way of checking with a utility the boot sector etc of my disk to ensure everything is in the right place?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.