TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Have you switched the jumper to make it a Master before putting it back in your TiVo? The TiVo won't boot from a drive jumpered as Slave.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
No display on startup normally means the TiVo BIOS couldn't find a drive to boot from, not that the drive is unbootable. Do you see the "welcome... powering up..." message?

Do the drives spin up? Have you checked the TiVo IDE cable?

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
You might also want to try maketivobootable as it sounds like your old drive was using partition 7 whereas your new one has been restored to partition 4. If the boot record points to 7 but the OS is on 4 then it won't boot.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
mfsrestore -s 300 -r4 -xzpi /mnt/dos/tivo.bak /dev/hdX

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
What are you doing using MFSTools 1.1. in the first place?

Use the LBA48 CD, set the swap to 200 and run copykern after the restore to copy the LBA48 kernel and initialise the swap. Job done :)

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
No worries - and sorry if I seemed a little short! (Just been having a dispute with my neighbour over where he puts his sandbags!)

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
Not flooded, thanks (but no thanks to my neighbour :mad: )

Err, it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. Are you sure the Seagate drive is OK?

When you put it in the TiVo do you get "Welcome. powering up..."?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.