Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Tivo Community.

I do have a question, we R10 directv tivo and just got a R15.

It's not bad but my biggest problem is I have not found out how to change tuners. With my R10 I can press the live tv and switch between the tuners. I wanted the new ird, but now I'm not so sure, but if anyone knows how to change tuners can you please let me know.

Thanks
Mandy

·
Registered
44 Posts
The R15 doesn't have a true "dual live tuner buffer" which means you can't switch between live programming on the different receivers. Only the "tivo" DirecTV receivers have true live buffers. It's been rumored that the R15 will be upgraded to have live buffers, but there is no documented promise, and nobody knows for sure if/when that upgrade will happen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As ebonovic's reply suggests, the R15 has nothing to do with Tivo, rather it's a generic DirecTV engineered DVR. That said, you may went to reference this thread in particular:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=49866

This question seems to come up more and more lately.......Good luck with the R15...or just get a R10 and remain a part of the Tivo community :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
ebonovic said:
I would hardly call the R15 a "generic"
Yeah, I suppose "generic" was the wrong term. I'll put it this way. I owned an R15, and as a long-time Tivo user, I can say the interface most certainly was not as intuitive of Tivo software.

So I'll re-phrase. The R15 is not nearly as intuitive or reliable as a Tivo software based box, thus feels "generic" or home grown.

IMO, as always.

·
Registered
637 Posts
We only serve genuine TiVo flavored koolaid around here. Are you telling me there's another generic, no not generic, "TiVo like" DVR on the block? I see a DirecTV DVR+ flavored koolaid stand is open for business. Could be trouble. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
coolbreeze said:
So I'll re-phrase. The R15 is not nearly as intuitive or reliable as a Tivo software based box, thus feels "generic" or home grown.
The Tivo UI isn't all that intuitive if you're used to something else. I started with a SA ReplayTV then went to a Dish Network 721 then a DirecTivo and I just got an R15 (although I'm still using the Tivo). Every time I switched it was an adjustment because they are all different. I didn't think the Tivo was any more or less intuitive than any of the others. They all had a learning curve.

·
Registered
468 Posts
SpacemanSpiff said:
And yet you continue to hang around here in the TivoCommunity.
amen, brother...

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Some call the R10 a POS...

Each person has the right to figure out what product they want to use...
IMHO... major disappointment? Hardly... but for some it has been just that, for others.... they are happy as can be with the fact they can get rid fo their TiVo units..

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
cmtar said:
I guess im just the only who loves his R15 and is glad D* dumped tivo and could care less what happens to tivo.
Since you seem to love to hang out here at TC, I'll ask: Why are you 'glad' D* 'dumped tivo'? To rephrase, does the lack of a DirecTivo somehow make your R15 a better unit?

There's a market for new sales of both, but D* doesn't see it that way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.