TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 160 gig maxtor today and i would like to swap the 250 gig seagate in my directtivo s2 with the maxtor. the 250 i will put inside a usb external enclosure for my computer. i dont have a whole bunch of recordings on there. so maybe it will all fit on a image on a 80 gig drive ? though i imagine its very time consuming. perhaps i should try my dad's shareazza for a 6.1 image and expand on the 160 ?

btw we sent out rebate well before christmas and we have yet to get a check. before they could find us in their database now they can't. ugh. thats our money.

oh also i dont remember the url for telling you the linux commands after you fill in the circles for your unit.

also need a source for the best lba48 linux disc. preferably with fast hard drive access.. i'm on a dual core 64 bit machine amd64 machine.

dudester.

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Nope... You can't "downgrade" disk size, and keep the recordings..

Your best bet would be to get the 80gb image and restore that to the larger drive

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
Nope, you can't keep recordings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ebonovic said:
Nope... You can't "downgrade" disk size, and keep the recordings..

Your best bet would be to get the 80gb image and restore that to the larger drive
i would have to use my 80 gig drive and somehow create a 80 gig image from the 250 gig hard drive.

the original 80 gig hard drive in the only free drive i have ! other than a 8 GIG that came out of an xbox that is super slow.

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
dudester said:
would you be so kind as to tell me where to d/l a R10 6.2 image ?
6.2 won't run on an R10. The last version for the R10 is 6.1.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my fault and i corrected my post.

ideally i could get on a p2p network and download a base 6.1 R10 image and expand to the 160 and lose all recordings.

or if i could plug my 250 in and have it create a 80 gig original clone without the 2 additional add on partitions with losing the partitions & recordings those would be the two ideal situations.

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
I haven't been on there in a while... but "back in the day"...

Do a search on the default server for just TIVO

And see what it comes up with.
Evenings and Weekends tend to be better as there are more users on then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts