TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my main tv I have an R10 DTivo, but I noticed I can't use many of the options that my other receiver has in my guest room. On the other receiver I can switch between games on the game mix channel and get in game statistics but there is no option on the R10.

Is there anyway to get this functionality on the R10?

We really like the Tivo so we wanted to avoid using the DTV DVR but is that the only way to get this functionality? Thanks

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,082 Posts
The way I read the OP, the "Other receiver" is an R15, D* DVR, so the answer is no you can't. The mix channels are only available on the D* receivers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other receiver is not a DVR, it is just a plain old DTV receiver from RCA (got it about a year after the R10 DTiVo)

I can get the game mix channel on the R10 I just can't toggle between games or get audio from any of the other games like I can on the RCA receiver in our spare room.

I haven't connected the R10 to the phone line in almost two years, I wonder if it was an update I missed. THe other RCA remote does not have the pointless thumbs up and down buttons, any way I can reprogram those buttons to do the switching?

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,082 Posts
Ok, then it's probably a D10 or D11 receiver and, I'm afraid the answer is still no.

The Thumbs buttons are a TiVo feature, which is why they're not on the RCA.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
The DirecTV TiVo cannot use the Mix channel features whatsoever.

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
You can change the audio on the mix channels on a tivo by going into the info banner and selecting the audio options but that is about it. None of the other interactive features.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Direct TV DVR R10 with Tivo. I used to have Vonage and it worked great with it, providing I had to use a prefix that I got from this community form. Now I am thinking about getting digital phone from Cox since my internet is through them. Will the digital phone from Cox mess up the DVR or will it work OK with it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts