TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tivo quit working after two years. The remote will control the power-on for TV and volume, nothing more. Put new batteries into the remote, but that didn't change anything. The Tivo has it's lights on, and I can hear the HD recording. But can't get access any longer. Please advise. Thanks. :eek:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Have you checked all your connections? Is there anything on the screen at all? Have you restarted your TiVo?

The more info you give the better answers you will get.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Maybe someone changed the DVR switch on the remote?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked the connections, and they're OK.

There is snow on the screen with a very faint background image.

What is a DVR?

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,436 Posts
reprogram your remote to 0.

Press and hold tivo and pause buttons until light stays on, then hit 0. It will blink.

Try it now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I turned off the power to the Tivo and then back on, but it still works the same.

There is just snow on the screen. Nothing else.

I can't find a physical place to reset the Tivo, but turning it off should reset it.

When I press a button on the remote, the red light goes on and the green light on the Tivo changes to yellow---but nothing happens.

:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pressed pause and Tivo buttons until the red light came on and then pressed 0. The red light blinked, but nothing changed.

·
FourNow...WaitFive
5,436 Posts
sinc said:
I pressed pause and Tivo buttons until the red light came on and then pressed 0. The red light blinked, but nothing changed.
This was in hopes that somehow your remote go reprogrammed to a # 1-9, which your TiVo was not set to. Setting it to 0 works on ANY TiVo, regardless of what # the TiVo is set to.

The snow is worrisome.

What is the connection from the TiVO to your TV?

·
Neurostim Addict
2,894 Posts
Are you sure that your TV is tuned to the tivo's input? If your tivo is connected via red/white/yellow video cables, make sure the TV is tuned to "video."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone brought over their Tivo remote, and it worked for our Tivo. The I tried our remote, and it magically worked. Don't know what happened, but it's OK now.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts