TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am thinking about getting a Slingbox AV.

Does the Peanut Remote in the Slingplayer have a device switch to use the proper set of IR codes?

Thanks.

· Registered
739 Posts
jlb said:
Hi all,

I am thinking about getting a Slingbox AV.

Does the Peanut Remote in the Slingplayer have a device switch to use the proper set of IR codes?

Thanks.
You'll get far more technical answers, but I don't think it does. I think the onscreen peanut only controls playback.

I set up my IR codes during the installation process from disk.

Again, this isn't very technical.....but I'm trying to tell you what I know from my experience.

Barbeedoll

· ------ Alan ------
806 Posts
i don't have an av i have a classic. i'm using remote codes 3 and 4 to control 2 TiVo HDs in the same location.
--
Alan :D

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

I also remember hearing something about being able to install something in the remote end so I wouldn't have to bring my laptop with me.....Am I crazy or is there a new product/accessory out or soon to be out......

Thanks!

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
davezatz said:
I believe we have mapped IR codes 1 (default) - 4 on the standard Series2 remote skin to choose from during config. -DZ (Sling Media)
Dave.......sending you a separate, but related question via PM.....

· Registered
520 Posts
jlb said:
Thanks all.

I also remember hearing something about being able to install something in the remote end so I wouldn't have to bring my laptop with me.....Am I crazy or is there a new product/accessory out or soon to be out......

Thanks!
Perhaps you were thinking of the SlingCatcher. It will allow to display content on a TV without a computer. It does not go at the remote end, so you would still have to take the box with you, and have high speed internet to use it. See http://us.slingmedia.com/object/io_1168286861787.html

· Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I found that too.....looks like a homerun of a product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.