TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TCF Bookie
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started watching "House" when it started airing on USA...but I missed the very first episode, and therefore may have missed a few things that a seasoned viewer could fill me in on...

1. Why the cane???
2. Why is House forced to work at the clinic against his will???
3. Any special reason for those 3 particular doctors studying under House???
And anything else that occurred in the first episode that you remember that was significant...
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
>> 1. Why the cane???

Prior medical problem. Explained in a later ep.

>> 2. Why is House forced to work at the clinic against his will???

Part of his job. He and his team have to put in a certain number of "clinic hours" per week.

>> 3. Any special reason for those 3 particular doctors studying under
>> House???

That's "his team". He hired them to fill out the staffing of the Diagnostics Dept (or whatever they call his dept.). IIRC, he hired Foreman because he has "street smarts" (aka a juvie criminal record). He hired Cameron because she's hot. Can't remember why he hired Chase.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
35,444 Posts
dagap said:
That's "his team". He hired them to fill out the staffing of the Diagnostics Dept (or whatever they call his dept.). IIRC, he hired Foreman because he has "street smarts" (aka a juvie criminal record). He hired Cameron because she's hot. Can't remember why he hired Chase.
Well, those were the glib answers he gave. I doubt those were the only reasons that he chose them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
dagap said:
Can't remember why he hired Chase.
Probably Chase's great hair. :D

I just found out House is really British.. I didn't realize he was doing an American accent until I was at my g/f's and we watched the "Friends" episode where Rachel goes to London to stop the wedding and the guy sitting next to her on the plane is House, and he uses his real accent there.

·
cowboy, yee-ha
5,024 Posts
BrandonSi said:
Probably Chase's great hair. :D

I just found out House is really British.. I didn't realize he was doing an American accent until I was at my g/f's and we watched the "Friends" episode where Rachel goes to London to stop the wedding and the guy sitting next to her on the plane is House, and he uses his real accent there.
Actually he's a french guy doing a british guy who does a mean midwestern american accent even though the fictional hospital is in New Jersey (somewhere near Princeton) :p

·
244 Posts
omnibus said:
Actually he's a french guy doing a british guy who does a mean midwestern american accent even though the fictional hospital is in New Jersey (somewhere near Princeton) :p
Really? He was on the Golden Globes (that was the latest award show right?) and he sounded quite British.

·
Registered
485 Posts
BrandonSi said:
You might go rent the BBC series "Jeeves & Wooster" if you like Hugh Laurie. There's also "A Bit of Fry and Laurie," but that probably has less appeal to the American audience in general.

·
Not enough room
4,099 Posts
dagap said:
IIRC, he hired Foreman because he has "street smarts" (aka a juvie criminal record). He hired Cameron because she's hot. Can't remember why he hired Chase.
That's it for Foreman.

A little more involved for Cameron. In an episode she asks him why he hired her. At first he says it's because she's nice to look at, then he explains she's so pretty she could have married rich yet she went to med school. Some other explanation about how he thinks that means she's broken.

He said he hired Chase because his daddy made a call. Chase's dad was a big name Thorasic Surgeon I think.

J

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hugh Laurie's best bits were as various characters in the Blackadder comedy series. Every time I see him on House I can't get his Blackadder characters out of my head. My favorite is of him as the Prince of Wales.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.