TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current HDVR2 is being 'retired' due to a flighty tuner so I have another series 2 (probably HDVR2) coming.

I'm planning on moving my hard drive to the new unit. I have networking set up, running superpatch6-7, tivoweb plus 1.2.1 and I've got some recordings.

When I move the drive over, do I have to do a clear and delete everything and, if so, I will lose my recordings? Is the c&de all I have to do when I physically move the drive over?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I'd lose my recordings... is there any other folders I should back up via ftp?
I did use the MRV option to 'move' the recordings I want to my bedroom dvr, so now I have a copy of them there (phew!)

Will my hacks still be there (tivowebplus, hackman, superpatch67)?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why the var folder?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gunnyman, there might be hope :)

I did deploy the superpatch67 on this unit.

Just so I understand, I can switch the drive, power up and when I get to a bash, run the 51killer.tcl (which I assume I can easily find) and what will that do?

Will that be all I need to do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umm, I thought it'd be easy to find 51killer.tcl but I'm having a hard time searching/finding it.
It's definitly not in any of my folders on my HDVR2, I did a find with no results.

Can anyone point a link to it for me?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I was doing a find on '51killer' instead of '51killer.tcl'

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.