TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current HDVR2 is being 'retired' due to a flighty tuner so I have another series 2 (probably HDVR2) coming.

I'm planning on moving my hard drive to the new unit. I have networking set up, running superpatch6-7, tivoweb plus 1.2.1 and I've got some recordings.

When I move the drive over, do I have to do a clear and delete everything and, if so, I will lose my recordings? Is the c&de all I have to do when I physically move the drive over?

·
occasional poster
411 Posts
When moving a drive from one unit to another (same model) unit, you will need to run a C&DE in order to match the unit's serial number to the serial number stored on the hard drive. This will erase all of your recordings. You could move your recordings off the old unit, and restore them to the new unit once it is set up. I am not certain, but you may need to restore the /var folder, as well. Just FTP a copy off the old unit, then FTP it back to the new one when it is set up.

Tim

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I'd lose my recordings... is there any other folders I should back up via ftp?
I did use the MRV option to 'move' the recordings I want to my bedroom dvr, so now I have a copy of them there (phew!)

Will my hacks still be there (tivowebplus, hackman, superpatch67)?

·
Just a boring dude
32,054 Posts
if its superpatched then all you have to do is put the drive in a different unit and run 51killer.tcl
you won't lose recordings.
I did this a couple of weeks ago when a tuner died on my hdvr2.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why the var folder?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gunnyman, there might be hope :)

I did deploy the superpatch67 on this unit.

Just so I understand, I can switch the drive, power up and when I get to a bash, run the 51killer.tcl (which I assume I can easily find) and what will that do?

Will that be all I need to do?

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
51killer.tcl should be located in your busybox directory.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umm, I thought it'd be easy to find 51killer.tcl but I'm having a hard time searching/finding it.
It's definitly not in any of my folders on my HDVR2, I did a find with no results.

Can anyone point a link to it for me?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I was doing a find on '51killer' instead of '51killer.tcl'

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts