TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Roamio OTA that my husband bought and he passed away. I would like to know if I should upgrade. I have an antennae. I want to know how to get my recorded shows when I am away and also can I get them in another room. I am confused and need some help as to how to use this device.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

How much are you willing to spend, and how good are you with technology? Adding a room is easy, just buy a Mini. Viewing outside the home is harder. You’d first have to buy a retail TiVo Stream off eBay without getting scammed (not the new Stream 4k stick), then set it up and keep it working. Mine were extremely unreliable. They failed almost every time I needed them. Would you consider just taking the Roamio with you when you travel?

·
Registered
40 Posts
as for an upgrade, if I understand the response I received from Tivo, the only OTA (using an antenna) that they make now only has two tuners, which is a deal breaker for me. I would need 4 because I use 3 tuners a lot

·
TDL shepherd
17,445 Posts
Bolt and Edge OTA models have built in streaming just like the Roamio Pro and Plus.
Mobile streaming functionality, but not “just like” owing to the Roamio Plus/Pro having a built-in TiVo Stream module; mobile streaming capabilities slightly differ between the two technologies.

See @Dan203‘s TiVo Stream FAQ. It’s a little long in the tooth, but I think the concurrent streams limits remain the same.

·
TDL shepherd
17,445 Posts
I believe that the ones with the built in streaming only support 1 remote stream at a time. But it's been a long time, so I could be misremembering.
To the best of my recollection, it was 4/2 and 2/1 (in-home/OOH) max streams for the Stream and BOLT/EDGE mobile streaming functionality, respectively.

That said, I was always happy and a little surprised when I could get a single stream working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts