TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The TIVO info is correct. You need the 802.11b not the g. Unfortunately, as you have found, it is no longer manufactured and is very hard to find available. I bought mine direct from the TIVO store on their web site about 3 or 4 months ago. At the time that was about the only place I could find it. Not sure what's going on with TIVO but the store apparently isn't available anymore. You might be able to find one on ebay. TIVO definitely needs to work out compatibility issues here.

I will say that once you get the networking up and running it is truly amazing. The ability to stream my mp3's and pictures from my computer to the TV is way cool.

You could always network with wires if you can't find the D-Link b, but if your computer is far from your TIVO then that's not a good option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ebay has several of these for sale right now. After an extensive google search this is the only place I've found them. I have the Toshiba TIVO/DVD recorder combo and this device works flawlessly with my network.

I tried to post a url to the ebay page with these, but since I'm a newbie here it won't let me until I have more posts - something about preventing spammers from posting crap here. Anyway, go to ebay and search on this

d-link dwl-122 802-11b

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.