TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts
LIke others, I was a big fan of the original. Yes,it was cheesy and a little over the top, but it was a fun show and, as others mentioned, Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell were just fun to watch.

I was ok with this incarnation. I liked that it is meant to be a continuation of the orignal, with direct nods to Sam and Al, among other things. I also think this the pilot would have been better served with a 90 minute or 2 hour show. Lots of setup and backstory left little time for the main story.

As far as the modern-day scenes are concerned, I am cautiously skeptical about them. But TV shows are not what they were when the original was broadcast. You can basically watch the original episodes in any order (ignoring the final leap each episode.) The only ever arching theme in the original was "can Sam find a way home." But today TV shows all must have season long arcs. We already have the big question, why did Ben choose to leap? And what did Ben and Al's daughter discover?

I will give this show a few more episodes. But, I am betting this is a show that will start to build up on my Tivo and I will either watch in bulk or they will continue to fall down the Now Playing list.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts