TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
10,940 Posts
The scenes from "the future" (our present) were frankly superfluous, an excuse to have a NCIS/CSU like "investigating team," one where every member of the team is deliberately written to be annoyingly "quirky." The original show was all about the past... the times that we got a glimpse of "the future" were few and far between. When episodes these days are shorter than even in the original series, to spend an inordinate amount of time in the future are an unfortunate diversion from what the show should be about.
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I found the 'future' scene's far more interesting than the 'past'. The upside, they held my attention, and I'm interested in how the story plays out. The downside, is that's notable because te 'past' scenes didn't really hold my attention at all. I found myself giving no figs about the 'past' plot, for some of the reasons you mentioned.

Maybe this could have been remedied by spending more time in the past, making it better. But I'm concerned that if they went that route, and still missed as they did in this episode, that I might lose interest. We'll have to see how it goes. Can't overly judge a reboot by the first episode, since it's really hard to satisfy both old and new viewers in a single swing.

· Premium Member
10,940 Posts
But I do have a question for you: how would animal leaps work? You could run the animal through the leap process but talk about a shock. And how would the animal come back? Dog has to help someone out of a fire? Cat has to make sure the kitten pees in the litter box?
Oh, a time traveling cat would be such a bad idea.... It's bad enough when they hold a grudge going forward, imagine being able to project revenge backwards before the infraction occurs. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts