TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
I loved the original and watched it when it was on-air. Last year I recorded every episode since it was re-aired on one of the channels and binge watched them and they still hold up today. This new series is "ok" so far.
What I enjoyed the most of the original series was it's use of real happenings and intertwining with it. So far this series is creating characters from real times and changing what took place (the shuttle's mission was to dock with MIR and there was no one named "David" on the flight as portrayed in the episode).
I really enjoy when a character appears only to learn at/near the end that person goes on to be famous (Steven King for example) in the original series and I hope they bring stuff like that into this.
I don't recall Beckett leaping into someone famous (except for Oswald) so I'm not sure how I feel about this new series with him becoming Joe Montana.
I'm in for the ride; hope it improves; prays it doesn't get canceled before we learn just where he's trying to get to and why he didn't share anything with his fiancee.
I do like the tie-in with Al's daughter helping out.
Finally, while they haven't said he'll partake; I truly hope they, at least, get Sam home and he appears in an episode...

· Registered
190 Posts
I've KEEP forgetting to point out one HUGE difference between TOS and this one: WHERE is the person he leapt into?!
In TOS they were in a 'waiting room' and sometimes Al was able to get information from them to help Sam but there's no mention as to where the person is who he's leaping into - or how they just 'jump' back into themselves with no information (they weren't there - so how would he know he won the fight!?!?).
BIG LOOPHOLE!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts