TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi pipjack

Welcome to the wonderful world of Tivo.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here green with envy over your jaw dropping bargain.
£3 for lifetime subbed Tivo :eek: :eek: :eek:

If that had been common knowledge, you'd have been crushed in the stampede :D

The link below will download the .pdf manual.

http://www.uk.tivo.com/255SSUG.pdf

Enjoy!

·
Registered
94 Posts
pipjack said:
..i am not sure if i need any ir senders or any other equipment to enhance the recievers performance if i do what make or type would i look for.. pipjack
If you are using a freeview or satellite set top box, then the Tivo will need to control it using IR. This can be done in two ways:

1. Using the internal IR Blaster
2. Using an IR wand.

The IR blaster method (selectable during guided setup) simply blasts high power IR from the front of the unit, which reflects around the room and hopefully lands on the IR receiver of your set top box.

The IR wands method is slightly more reliable in my opinion, but I gather you didn't get any with the unit. So you'll have to source one from somewhere.

I'm sure one of the regulars here sells them, but I can't remember who. In fact I seem to remember hearing that you can even scrounge a new one for free from Tivo customer service if you ask the right question.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.