TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way (besides unplugging) to keep the drive from spinning at night? I want the machine to essentially hibernate at night since it's in the bedroom and I don't like the noise.

Thanks!

·
Reformed Druid
2,384 Posts
Yes, hitting it HARD with a VERY large hammer will usually stop the drive in its tracks.

Other than that, if it is plugged in it is always doing its job, even in standby.

·
resU deretsigeR
361 Posts
There is no way to stop the spinning drive short of unplugging them. If the unit is to loud then shop around for a high flow but silent fan. The coolant fan makes up most of the noise of the unit. Personally, i don't mind a loud unit but others may be able to suggest a quiet replacement. If you are able you may consider using an ir remote transmitter (used to transmit the remote data to another room) and put the tivos into the closet. It is a lot of wiring to run but if you are on the first floor would not be too hard...

mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.