TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Chally!
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who checked out the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet?

If you are a dog lover you would have enjoyed this.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Well, I am a dog lover and I did check it out, but it was pretty boring. Cute for about 10 minutes and then it got pretty boring. I thought they were going to be tossing the ball around or something more than just letting the dogs play while playing new age music in the back ground.

I still have it on tivo if there is something good to go back and watch.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Nope, I watched it too for a little while. I had to change the channel when one of the puppies was getting beaten up and was crying in pain.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,445 Posts
I flipped past this, and was amazed that it even got past the idea phase, let alone the execution phase. I mean, what - did they officially run out of stuff to show, and their color bar generator was broken? I'm even more amazed that they were selling this crap on DVD.

I feel sorry for each and every one of the humans involved in the production of this show.

·
Cubs fan
3,794 Posts

·
The Jerkstore called
1,800 Posts
I think everyone at Animal Planet had really awesome super bowl plans and needed to come up with something that could take up a ton of time and be run by exactly one actual human during the airing (the ref? i guess.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by DianaMo
Does anyone know what was underneath the water bowl?

The puppies seemed very interested in the waterbowl and we're wondering what was hiding under that clear waterbowl besides the camera...
They were curious about the light.

·
Not Entirely Current
39,836 Posts
I thought it was cute, but then again, I only watched it for a little bit.

·
quirkyalone.net
31 Posts
I thought it was great, even funny in some parts. It was a good thing to have on in the background while reading the Sunday paper. And definitely better than the 4 (!) hours of Super Bowl "Pregame".

I don't think it really was meant to be a 'must watch' program or all that serious a programming alternative - kind of like the time they had the staff of one cable channel watching the finale of 'Friends'. Just something to have on - some need to lighten up!

I still have it on my Tivo - so whenever I want to relax I can wind it up! :)

·
Chally!
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by scottivo72
I thought it was great, even funny in some parts. It was a good thing to have on in the background while reading the Sunday paper. And definitely better than the 4 (!) hours of Super Bowl "Pregame".

I don't think it really was meant to be a 'must watch' program or all that serious a programming alternative - kind of like the time they had the staff of one cable channel watching the finale of 'Friends'. Just something to have on - some need to lighten up!

I still have it on my Tivo - so whenever I want to relax I can wind it up! :)
I agree. I made a point to avoid all the pregame and post game. I tuned into Puppy bowl every so often and it was fun to watch. Sure, I don't want to watch three hours straight, but it was an interesting idea.

·
Cubs fan
3,794 Posts
Was watching the Puppy Bowl again last night.
(Who needs to count sheep when you've got puppies!)

Noticed that my cat took the most interest in the water bowl cam shots.

My dogs in the room didn't seem interested in the show. Perhaps if it was in high def. <G>

·
Sci-Fi Junkie
38,597 Posts
They should have had a play by play announcer. It would have made it much more interesting. I stopped in a few times here and there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
One of my Dogs liked it. I think I will leave it on the DVD player on a loop when I am out. But the best for this is the copy I sent to my brother who is in Saudi. Wait 'til he pops in this Superbowl DVD.

·
Cubs fan
3,794 Posts

·
Hi. What is this?
11,731 Posts
We watched for a few minutes while we let the TiVo start recording the Super Bowl. It was beyond cute... once again. I loved the Bowl Cam! I tuned in again as I was getting ready for bed and it was the Kitten Halftime Show.

·
Willing Member
757 Posts
MVP - Most Valuable Puppy

I cant believe how many people voted online...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts