TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
However there is an additional $65 in broadcast, sports, and telephone fees and taxes. To me it was still worth it for what I am getting.
These broadcast fees are outrageous! I have a package (phone, Gigabit ethernet, and a very basic cable lineup without any sports) with Verizon Fios and the taxes and fees are aroud $25. If sports were included it would be an additional $10. Just crazy!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
You are probably on a Grandfathered plan that will be cheaper than the new Mix & Match plans, but you should check/shop it. They have eliminated the broadcast and sports fees and most taxes (I pay 31 cents on the cabelCARD) on the new non-contract plans. I realize they have simply rolled in the fees and increased the price, but, I feel better not seeing them. 😀 I also HATE those fees, especially for watching channels that are free OTA. This package includes my RSN NESN with NHL & NFL. I know the prices have gone up since I signed, but I know they have eliminated those fees.

View attachment 67740
Thanks so much for the info… I will definitely check it out… I think I have @ 10 months left on my contract but it is worth it to give them a call!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts