TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Go Big Blue!!
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I simply adore Daniel V. "It's a mfing walk-off!" His face was priceless!! :D
Congratulations Daniel!!

Chloe is my 2nd favorite - I really loved her dress!
I was pleasantly surprised by Andrae's design. It turned out beautifully - I really didn't think the flowy bits were going to turn out well at all. It seemed disconnected at first.

And Santino - can he just go already. Admittedly his design this time was a little more in tune with what they'd asked for, but he can be so stinkin' overly dramatic and egotistical. I couldn't get over it when Jay brought up Austin Scarlet's dress from last season! What a hoot!!!!!

This concludes my 'thoughts from the peanut gallery." What are yours?

·
Don't stop believin'
26,095 Posts
I've been avoiding Project Runway simply because I could barely keep up with the SPs I already had. But yesterday Bravo did a little marathon and I saw most of the episodes. So now I'm caught up. :)

It's a lot of fun when they start calling names, trying to figure out as the list goes on, which group are they calling first, the 'safe' middle or the highest/lowest group.

It wasn't hard to pick out the top three: Daniel V, Andrae, and Chloe. I was surprised that they bounced Zelima, I thought the girl with the black dress and the yellow road stripe would go instead.

What happens now -- is Nick's old model (that Zelima poached) likely to be eliminated from the competition?

Most annoying moment: the constant teasers for next week's new episode, which were spoilers for the episodes we were watching. You could tell who would be eliminated or not by who was in the ad. :rolleyes:

Jan

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
It didn't surprise me that Zulema went in this episode. Her dress was less inspired than the one in the photo she worked from, plus it wasn't assembled correctly.

Both Daniel V's and Andrae's dresses were astonishing. I actually think Andrae did the best in terms of translating inspiration to design, but Daniel V's dress was so flawless in design and execution, and so stunning, that it definitely deserved to win first place.

It was sad to see Nick stumble on this one -- and are we seeing something between him and Daniel V? Hmm...

I was completely unimpressed by Chloe's dress. It looked like a mess. It captured some of the geometrical inspiration of the building photo she worked from, but that's about it.

And who cares about Santino. Though I thought his Tim Gunn impressions were deadly funny.

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
murgatroyd said:
What happens now -- is Nick's old model (that Zelima poached) likely to be eliminated from the competition?
Unless Daniel V. chooses her, then yes -- Nick's model will be gone for good.

Of course, if Daniel V. chooses her, then he'll effectively be poaching Nick's model. That'll be odd considering how close the two of them have gotten lately ;-)

I've always thought a big problem with the rules this season is that it gives the models almost no control over their own destiny. Their fortunes are almost entirely tied to those of the designers they're paired with, and there's not much chance for them to influence the selection process.

·
The Jerkstore called
1,800 Posts
mportuesi said:
Unless Daniel V. chooses her, then yes -- Nick's model will be gone for good.

Of course, if Daniel V. chooses her, then he'll effectively be poaching Nick's model. That'll be odd considering how close the two of them have gotten lately ;-)

I've always thought a big problem with the rules this season is that it gives the models almost no control over their own destiny. Their fortunes are almost entirely tied to those of the designers they're paired with, and there's not much chance for them to influence the selection process.
I agree. After getting his model taken, Nick should have had a choice between the losing model and the model he got stuck with.

I can't believe I watch and enjoy this show. :D

·
Don't stop believin'
26,095 Posts
What I can't figure out is why the winning designers don't also have the choice of picking any model who has been discarded from any of the previous rounds. After all, in the fashion industry, you could hire anyone who wasn't already spoken for and working for someone else.

Jan

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
What was with Jay talking about "don't tell me the story"? Man, has he changed. I think the success of the program really went to his head. Because he sure was a story-teller when he was on the show.

And Santino did re-design the Austin Scarlett dress without realizing it.

·
The Jerkstore called
1,800 Posts
Frylock said:
What was with Jay talking about "don't tell me the story"? Man, has he changed. I think the success of the program really went to his head. Because he sure was a story-teller when he was on the show.

And Santino did re-design the Austin Scarlett dress without realizing it.
I didn't watch last season, but after seeing "Jay," I can't see myself rooting for him to win. What an ass.

·
Go Big Blue!!
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thing is - he wasn't really an a$$ last season. He was a fun-loving guy and pretty much got along with everyone, well, except whats-her-name... He wasn't an angel, granted - but he wasn't quite so harsh when he was a contestant.

mportuesi said:
And who cares about Santino. Though I thought his Tim Gunn impressions were deadly funny.
Yes!! That they were!

mportuesi said:
It was sad to see Nick stumble on this one -- and are we seeing something between him and Daniel V? Hmm...
I've not noticed that - tell me more. :)

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
SoBelle0 said:
I've not noticed that - tell me more. :)
(Re: Nick and Daniel V)

Well, when Daniel V. was trying to talk Nick out of his funk, Daniel and Nick seemed awfully intimate. And they even kissed on camera.

Of course, this is something that some gay men who are good friends do all the time, like girls who are being social sometimes do, so I probably shouldn't be reading anything more into it than that.

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
jradford said:
I didn't watch last season, but after seeing "Jay," I can't see myself rooting for him to win. What an ass.
Jay was definitely much cooler last season. I was rooting for him (or Austin Scarlett) to win and I was very pleased when he actually did. I thought he deserved to win then, and I still do now.

That said, I do think success has gone to his head. But it really is true that he was once in the exact same situation the current contestants are now in, and he's had a chance to see the situation from both sides. And he's come to the realization that in the judge's eyes, it's your final outfit that counts - not the excuses you have to offer.

Maybe when Jay says "just get over it" to the contestants, it carries a little more weight because he has been in their shoes, and the other judges have not.

·
The Jerkstore called
1,800 Posts
I'm pulling for Chloe.

Her store is right down the street from where I live so she gets the hometown bias. (Not that I've ever been in there, or even know what it's called, but that's what my girlfriend tells me.) Go H-Town!

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I'm rooting heavily for Daniel V. I love his designs, and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I understand why some are anti-Santino, but I like him there. He seems to be trying to do his best, just sometimes his style and the challenges don't match up.

I do hope Nick gets his model back. His new one sucks. Daniel's is the best, IMHO.

Tony

·
Stud, Esquire
5,490 Posts
mportuesi said:
(Re: Nick and Daniel V)

Well, when Daniel V. was trying to talk Nick out of his funk, Daniel and Nick seemed awfully intimate. And they even kissed on camera.

Of course, this is something that some gay men who are good friends do all the time, like girls who are being social sometimes do, so I probably shouldn't be reading anything more into it than that.
Yeah, you really shouldn't read anything into that =) I kiss other friends like that...just something gays and girls do ;)

·
In the dark
7,787 Posts
I'm liking Daniel V, but we're also rooting for Nick as he's a "friend of a friend."

I have two problems with Santiago: His ego and his voice. I can't stand the sound of it. I agree, though, that his Tim impersonation was spot-on and hilarious.

As much as Andrae bugs me, he's been making some nice dresses.

·
_
1,169 Posts
We regularly rewind Santino's Tim impersonations, they are hysterical.

I don't think the designers this time are as talented as last season, I think that was part of why Tim gave them all a spanking.

There also needs a little more model drama, where is the half naked diva model drama????

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,592 Posts
I LOOOOOOOOVE this show!!! It's a fantastic reality show that is interesting without being sleazy, which is increasingly rare.

Zulema is gone, yippee! I've hated her from the time of her awful sweater dress that showed ...... Cellulite! :eek: On a model! That being said, I thought her dress this week wasn't so bad - can someone tell me what was so wrong with it?

Andre (andrae?) deserved to win this week for his gutter water dress that was spectacular. I really liked the idea of taking something so ordinary and not naturally beautiful and making it gorgeous and art. I love Daniel V., though, and his dress too, so all's good. I really don't care for his model, but I bet he doesn't snatch up Tarah (Tera?). That is a crying shame because she is by far the best model on the show.

I liked Chloe's dress as well (MUCH better than her episode 2 winner which I couldn't stand). But then again I've always liked rectangular architecture. :p

Kara needs to go next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts