TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got my Bolt hooked up yesterday, and so far so good! The Bolt is connected to my Yamaha surround sound receiver via HDMI, which then passes the video signal to my TV via HDMI. I was able to program the Bolt controller to turn my TV on and off, as well as programming the Bolt controller to adjust the volume and mute for my surround sound receiver.

When I use the Bolt controller to turn off my TV, my surround sound remains on. So, the audio continues to come through from the program I was watching until I use the Yamaha remote to turn the receiver off.

Is there any way to program the Tivo remote to turn off my Yamaha receiver when I use it to turn off my TV? From reading on here, it appears that this was possible on older DVRs/remotes, but I have been unable to get it working on my Bolt remote.

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Hello,

I got my Bolt hooked up yesterday, and so far so good! The Bolt is connected to my Yamaha surround sound receiver via HDMI, which then passes the video signal to my TV via HDMI. I was able to program the Bolt controller to turn my TV on and off, as well as programming the Bolt controller to adjust the volume and mute for my surround sound receiver.

When I use the Bolt controller to turn off my TV, my surround sound remains on. So, the audio continues to come through from the program I was watching until I use the Yamaha remote to turn the receiver off.

Is there any way to program the Tivo remote to turn off my Yamaha receiver when I use it to turn off my TV? From reading on here, it appears that this was possible on older DVRs/remotes, but I have been unable to get it working on my Bolt remote.
What model? I use an RX-V867 and code 1028 gives me volume and mute. There is no code for power except for televisions. You may want to look at universal remotes.

· Legend
380 Posts
Can you program the receiver to recognize TV remote power code? That's what I do with my Yamaha SRT-1000, programmed it to recognize TV power then programmed the TiVo also for TV power too. Now a single power press on TiVo remote turns off both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.