TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Forum Denizen
2,605 Posts
I was successful. I tried it last night and the show transferred without a hitch. I viewed and skipped through it on the TiVo and noted that the picture was a little soft. It was almost VHS-like to my eyes, but other than that it worked great. I have read a post by Dan203 in the wrapper thread that the soft picture is probably due to the relatively low resolution and bit rate the converter in TiVo Desktop is set to use. So it looks like there is room to lobby TiVo to improve that in future releases of TiVo Desktop.

· Forum Denizen
2,605 Posts
Is that a violation of the EULA?

It seems to me the whole reason they internalized it was to prevent people from doing this. If it turns out it is still easy, it won't help with their efforts to appease content providers. Heck, I figured the whole reason 2.3 was yanked when 2.4 came out was because it was so easy to up the resolution in 2.3. Of course that is wild speculation on my part.

CuriousMark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.