TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
55,676 Posts
You must have TiVo Desktop Plus ($25) for the DivX transfer feature to work.

OP - It is very possible that the Main Concept codecs being used for transcoding take advantage of GPU acceleration. You should definitely try upgrading your video drivers just to be sure. And for the record I've tried it on a half dozen DivX/Xvid movies and it works just fine for me.

Dan

· Super Moderator
55,676 Posts
Could also be the AVI container. There are actually two versions of the AVI container, the original developed by Microsoft and the newer Open-DML format. Some programs handle one or the other better even though they are suppose to functionally compatible.

Dan

· Super Moderator
55,676 Posts
If you've got MS Visual Studio, or any other program capable of editing the resources of a DLL file, then you can simply open the tivotrans.dll file and edit the XML data yourself. Upping the video resolution to 640x480* and the bitrate to 5000 made a big difference for me.

Dan

* I tried 720x480 as well, but it created a weird pixelation effect. 640x480 resulted in the best quality without the pixelation.

· Super Moderator
55,676 Posts
It's not that "easy". In Visual Studio editing the XML is almost like using a hex editor. So it's not something the masses will attempt. However if you're technically inclined then it's not that hard to figure out.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.