TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to transfer recordings and One Passes from my TiVo Premiere XL to my new TiVo Edge, but TiVo Online keeps giving me error message: "There is a problem communicating with this TiVo box. Make sure your box is connected to your home network, then try again" related to the Premiere. It will see the To-Do List on the Premiere, but when I try to go to One Pass Manager tab, it gives me that error message.

Contacted support and they said it's some kind of communication issue between the Premiere and Edge and some kind of software that's missing on the Edge that's causing TiVo Online not to have visibility to the Premier, which made zero sense to me.

They said they'd escalate the issue and get back to me in 3-5 business days with a solution/software update (which, after dealing with Support, I have no faith is actually going to happen), so I'm hoping someone here can offer an actual solution.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,626 Posts
Its more like permissions that are missing between both boxes. Make sure the preferences are enabled in your tivo.com account and then have both boxes connect to Tivo service. They might need a reboot if they still don't transfer, follow up with another Tivo service connection.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,626 Posts
Both boxes are connected to TiVo service and the device preferences are enabled on tivo.com as well
Yes, but have they both connected to Tivo service since you added the Edge? The new box cannot communicate with the old and vice versa until they connect to Tivo service, get a Media Access Key (same key across your Tivos and account).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, but have they both connected to Tivo service since you added the Edge? The new box cannot communicate with the old and vice versa until they connect to Tivo service, get a Media Access Key (same key across your Tivos and account).
Yes, both have connected to TiVo service simultaneously and have the media access key

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.